POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : My own raytracer, need some docs... : Re: My own raytracer, need some docs... Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:08:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My own raytracer, need some docs...
From: Mark Gordon
Date: 17 Aug 2000 23:27:20
Message: <399CADE9.1D14841A@mailbag.com>
ryan constantine wrote:

> i think the 'graphics gems' series covers all kinds of graphics
> including raytracing.

I would agree (noting especially that Graphics Gems IV has an article on
line-cylinder intersection), and I'd add the following three books on
writing ray tracers:

Glassner, _An Introduction to Ray Tracing_
Wilt, _Object-Oriented Ray Tracing in C++_
Shirley, _Realistic Ray Tracing_

Also, since you're interested in textures:

Ebert et al., _Texturing and Modeling_

-Mark Gordon